- Eat Drink & Be Merry: Be a Vocal Athlete and treat your body the same way a professional athlete treats theirs.
- Choose the wrong singing teacher: Pick the right singing teacher for your style.
- Sing when you're sick: A damaged voice can take up to 6 months to repair! And singing while sick greatly risks further injuries.
- Deny you have a damaged voice: Ignoring the issue runs the high risk of making the problem worse.
- Don't care for your ears: If you can't hear well, your singing will suffer. Invest in a pair of In Ear Monitors, or at least use ear protectors.
- BONUS TIP: Watch the full clip to get the bonus tip :)
You’ve heard it said that your body is a temple…well in the case of the singer that old saying translates into, “Your instrument is a temple!” If you don’t look after your voice it simply won’t perform at its optimum.